Translate

Friday, January 10, 2014

Iceman - Original X-men Statue by Bowen Designs


Let me introduce you to the missing link in my 60's X-men display... take it away Bobby!


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video you are watching by clicking on the "spur" icon on the bottom right once the video is playing)



I waited quite a bit for this guy, and although he's not my favorite, I'm super happy to finally have him home.


What is the most surprising about this statue is the edition size... super limited and super disappointing for some fans of this set 10 years from now who are trying to complete the set.


So there aren't many people that will see this in person.


Fortunately he'll always be here for you to check out. So give him a good look...


As you can see there isn't much to see... but what there is to see deserves a closer look.






From any angle, we're pretty much seeing the same thing.


The true value of this statue lies in its part in the set of the original five X-men as you saw in the last post and here


And here he is in my display
 



For those reading this withing 5 years of this post, he should still be available on Ebay which you can check out here:

See you next time...

  

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on completing the 60's X-Men, I completed my set as well. I was one of the ones who had asked that the boots be black with just the cuff being yellow, as he appeared in those early issues. Unfortunately for me it didn't happen, so I'll be having the boots re-painted. Either way this is a great set and I'm glad I have it, now I'm just hoping we can complete the late 60's set. Maybe next phase we can get a red/blue Beast, Angel in his more colorful costume and a thin visor Cyclops in his all blue costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you as well Tony! I hope your repaint of the boots goes well. Since it's such a small area I'm sure it will. As far as the late 60's set, I'm indifferent. I don't really need those, and if they're released I likely won't get them. I hope you get them though!
      Thanks for stopping by and I hope all is well with you and your family! G

      Delete