Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Storm - Custom Modern Statue by Bowen Designs


The forecast calls for a weather witch with modern flare.  Allow me to introduce her...


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video you are watching by clicking on the "spur" icon on the bottom right once the video is playing)


I needed a "modern" Storm and I would stop at nothing to get her.  So when I found out Bowen Designs was releasing this statue,

I knew that it would make for a great conversion. My choice for the modern look was the costume Storm wore in X-men Worlds Apart.  The black and white costume is Storm's best in my opinion.


I made the right choice and earned myself a one of a kind beauty.


Here she is in all her glory.


It was somewhat of a turbulent process to get her made.  The guy I hired was not as skilled and professional as I had hoped.  Thus she is not flawless, but remains perfect in my eyes.  Let's take a closer look at her.

The base originally had the X cut outs in red and I thought it would look great with a white color instrad.


The boots were filled in and the white edges where added.


The costume was filled in as well.




The cape and hair were also altered.


The broach and straps were added as well.


The majority of the hair was left alone.  It is the mostly the grand work of Mr. Mike Cusanelli.  I saw mostly because the now exposed parts of her neck needed some hair added. 

Sidenote: Interesting enough this statue is actually a variant of another Storm statue by Mr. Cusanelli, Punk Storm.

I hope Bowen Designs releases another Modern statue of Storm.  I would buy it in a heartbeat!





No comments :

Post a Comment