Translate

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Beast - Classic Statue by Bowen Designs

There's nothing like a classic Beast to brighten one's day!


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video you are watching by clicking on the "spur" icon on the bottom right once the video is playing)
This is the most limited and suprising offering Bowen has put out in a very long time.  I was very lucky to get number 25 of only 75 produced.  As you can see there's a lot to like here, it's not just the rarity of the piece that makes it appealing.


The design is familiar, but the costume elements are very much unique to this version. There were a lot of great choices made in colors and paints which make this, in my opinion, the best of the 3 versions.  Here's a closer look.


As you can see it's very similar to the original team version, but I'm pretty sure there's a slight difference in the tilt of the head.


As I said this new version is the best of the set, but the X-factor version is a close second in my book.


Again, I consider myself very lucky to have gotten my hands on this statue at retail price.  If you don't know the story behind how this statue was put up for sale, check out my video.

Here he is in his new permanent home!  I couldn't be happier!


If you weren't able to get one, it won't be easy at this point without paying too much money for it.  Of course he's limited enough that it might be worth your money and time.  You can check out current listing of this bad boy on evil-bay by clicking here (Also if you decide to buy the statue in the future please come back and click on this link first.  It's a way for you to support the site.):


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments :

  1. Congrats,mine should be showing up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you. Did you buy it from Rocky's Vault?

      Delete
  2. they look so great. mine came in the other day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! I'm glad you were able to get one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tony, I accidentally deleted your comment:(

      Here it is though:

      "Hey Gabe, glad you got one! I had been wanting this for ages, not sure if you remember me saying that at some point or other, so I'm ecstatic that I managed to get one. I had actually been in contact with Rocky about this one since late January I believe. I knew it was coming but not when. Heather at Bowen told me the day before it went up that it would be going up some time that week. I never imagined it would be the next day and I also never imagined what a small ES it would have. Anyway, I'm a happy X-Fan. Oh and Rocky is Randy's wife, not his daughter. I've heard you say this before so I thought I'd clear it up. :D Keep up the great work around The X-Lair! "

      I'm glad your story has a happy ending. I've been monitoring the Ebay sales of this statue, and the prices are out of this world. You certainly deserved to have one of these. Congrats!

      Thanks for the correction on Rocky. I'll make sure to make a not of it on my next video.

      Thanks for stopping by and I hope all is well!

      Delete