Translate

Friday, May 9, 2014

Styfe - Custom Chrome Painted Statue by Bowen Designs

Shine on you crazy clone!


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video you are watching by clicking on the "spur" icon on the bottom right once the video is playing)


     As some of you know, it was my plan to get this sucker chrome painted from the get go.  When Bowen released the statue I took a moment to document it before I sent it off to go through it's final metamorphosis.  You can check out the original 'collection post' of the statue by clicking here.

     Once I was done shooting the original video and photos I packed him up and shipped him off to Gary Watson at Creations n. Chrome.  After about two months of waiting for it (in a zen like state) I finally got him back this week.  As you can see, the result is breathtakingly awesome!


There isn't much more to say.  It came out exactly as I expected.  It's beautiful to look at and gives one the full Stryfe effect that was likely imagined when reading the X-force comics in the 90's.



     It's totally worth your time and money to get yours painted if you are on the fence about doing so.  It amplifies the overall effectiveness of the statue exponentially.  Hopefully this is clear from the video and photos.


Thanks for stopping by!

    

3 comments :