Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Warpath - Custom Modern Statue by Kotobukiya

 
James Proudstar has already been introduced, but he put on some pounds since the last time, so let me reintroduce you to Warpath!


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video you are watching by clicking on the "spur" icon on the bottom right once the video is playing)



     Kotobukiya had Eric Sosa create this very cool statue of Warpath in his X-force colors.  Long before Bowen Designs announced their own Warpath statues I got a wild hair up my ass to get one of these and have it painted in his modern X-men colors.  I had Rob Guthrie, the painter who repainted my X-force Archangel and Psylocke statues do the work.  As you can see he did a great job and I have no regrets about following through with it.  It's one of my treasures.  Check it out...


     A closer look reveals some of the great details of this statue in all it's repainted glory.

The base was the first part that needed to be repainted.  The original sandy tan color had to go.


Beyond the base there were three different colors used.  The red, blue and gold.


As you can see the red and blue looks great from the boots up to the rest of the body.





As is already evident, the gold was a great choice for the belt, knife sheath, and the wrist bands.




The knives weren't touched.



The face was left alone except for the mask and the eyes.


And there you have it.  That's my very cool repaint of the Kotobukiya X-force statue of James Proudstar.


No comments :

Post a Comment