Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wolverine - Humberto Ramos Inspired Custom Statue


In hopes of averting a civil war I must give this statue a proper introduction.


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video you are watching by clicking on the "spur" icon on the bottom right once the video is playing)



     Based on the following artwork by Humberto Ramos, this is truly a gem of a custom statue.


     I saw this statue years ago when it was first being sculpted by Chucho Rojas, the same sculptor who I later commissioned to create my Joe Mad Bishop statue.  I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it.


As you can see it's a great translation of the artwork into three dimensions.  Does Chucho know how to sculpt or does he know how to sculpt?  To answer this silly rhetorical question properly let's take a closer look.

The base, as you can see, is identical to the base on Bishop.  It's Chucho's own design for an X-base.  I have to say, it might be my favorite.


Moving on up, the boots and legs are Ramoserific!




The X-belt is also a favorite design.


The gloves and claws are sharp.





An interesting thing about the head is that it's actually has a switch-out option.  I have the unmasked alternate head in a box in my box dungeon so I wasn't able to dig it out for the photoshoot, but take my word for it that it exists.


And there you have it folks.  It's probably my favorite Wolverine statue.  If you want one, you probably are out of luck. Occasionally I see one up on Ebay and they wind up going for around $400.  It's a very rare occurrence though.

2 comments :

  1. Amazing statue! I love it, I'm so jealous, one of the best wolverine statues I have seen and I have a few! Been waiting for this review since u started blogging I thought it was amazing since I first saw it in your collection on statue marvels congrats fella!
    Blacko1976

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blacko! I'm glad I was finally able to provide you a better glimpse of this statue. I hope that one day you can get your hands on one. It deserves to be in your own amazing collection!
      Cheers!

      Delete