Translate

Friday, November 29, 2013

Nightcrawler - Neca Statue


Kurt Wagner, also known as the incredible Nightcrawler.  Let me introduce him to you:


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video you are watching by clicking on the "spur" icon on the bottom right once the video is playing)




This is a unque peice for a variety of reasons.  1.  It's my only Nightcrawler statue. 2. It's my only Necca statue.  3.  I repainted it myself which has had mixed results.  Regardless of it's shortcomings, I love this statue and am happy to have it in my 70's X-men display.


Before I get into more details about this statue, give it a good look.


Although this is the Neca statue, I actually repainted it myself.  I thought it needed something more than the not so great paint job it came with.  Although my paint job is a little rough, I think it's an improvement.

The base is very cool.  It has the Bamf clouds nicely sculpted into it.  Although they were originally painted the comic accurate violet color, I thought they would look better in white with blue highlights.  I also painted the X red which I believe was a different color before.  I can't recall now, it's been a couple of years since I repainted it.


The extremities are classic Nightcrawler.  They're sculpted great.  I gave them an extra coat of white for the heck of it.






The black parts of the costume were spray painted by glossy black paint.  It was a challenge because of the masking and what not, but it came out all right.


The tail is really nice on this statue.   I gave it a darker blue coat and it looks cool.


The red part of the costume I repainted in red mixed with some silver.  It came out great.  There are a lot of streaks, but I don't care.  It's mine after all!


I used the same blue on the face which is sculpted really well.  It came out just fine!



And there he is.  He's not perfect, but he only cost me fifty bucks and looks great with my other 70s X-men.


For those of you that are interested in this guy, he occasionally goes up for sale on Ebay.  You can check out his availability here(Also if you decide to buy the statue in the future please come back and click on this link first.  It's a way for you to support the site.):

No comments :

Post a Comment