Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wolverine - Brown Museum Statue by Bowen Designs


I would like to introduce you to the Wolverine statue that you don't know as well as you should.


(Note: You can improve the quality of the video as you're watching it by clicking on the "spur" icon in the bottom right menu of the screen)




     There just aren't enough brown costume Wolverine statues out there.  Fortunately Bowen Designs has thrown us a couple of succulent bones to help satisfy our brown yearnings (gross).  This is one of three brown costumed Wolverine statues that they have released.  Given there are so few of these statues in the world it deserves a closer look.


Not close enough of a look?  Let's get closer.

The base is your standard X-base.  There's nothing too flashy about it, but it certainly set's the stage nicely.


The boots are classic Wolverine! I don't know how these make it easy for him to be a rampaging warrior, but they look fantastic!



There be legs down in them boots.


Wolverine has a butt.  Who knew?


Wolverine is tightly wound up and now we know why, it's that damn belt!


What would a Wolverine be with his claws?  If I had to guess, I'd say he'd likely be a lot nicer.


One might say he's armed to the teeth.


Much like the Jeffersons, this post is moving on up...

...to the main man's mug.




He's the best at what he does, but what he does costs us lots of cash (well worth it).  I speak of Randy Bowen of course.


     As I mentioned in the video this statue is an affordable choice (I'm probably wrong) if you're interested in getting it for a variety of possible uses (some of which would be immoral for me to mention).  If you want to check out current offerings of this piece by the Ebay community you can check them out here (Also if you decide to buy the statue in the future please come back and click on this link first.  It's a way for you to support the site.):


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. Im never of fan of this statue. To be fair I don't think it has anything to do with the sculpt. I think this costume doesn't fair well in 3D. I would love to see the classic John Byrne version with his hands on his hips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I think the costume is a great design for 3D but it probably just needs to be shown off better in a dynamic pose.

    ReplyDelete