Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

That Would Make A Great..."X-men: No More Humans" Edition


     I just got through reading the first original X-men graphic novel since "God Loves,Man Kills", titled "No More Humans".  There were a few images in the graphic novel, drawn by Salvador Larocca, that I think would make for some great statues.  They inspired me to resurrect the "That Would Make A Great..." post series.

© Marvel 

     I won't go too much into the story, nor my thoughts on it, but I have to say I like the fact that almost all the X-men (including the recently resurrected Nightcrawler) were together in this story.  I also liked that Magneto was acting like his old villainous self again.

     Anyway, on to the images that I thought would make great statues.

Image Number 1
©Marvel
      This first image I think would make a great diorama by Sideshow Collectibles.  It's been a while since we've seen a good diorama from them.  They tend to make dioramas that are based on more "modern" designs, so I think this would be an ideal subject for them.  Plus I am a huge fan of the new Cyclops design, and so I am impatiently waiting for the day that somebody makes a statue of him in this costume.

Image #2

 This second image captures the new Magneto design in a way that I think would look great as a statue.  As some of you may now, Magneto currently got his own ongoing series in which he first donned this new look.  The series is on issue 3 and I have to say that it is some of the best X-men content currently being released.  It's a dark take on the character, which examines closely the process he's going through, becoming something closer to the Magneto we all grew up loving.  I think the new costume is a great reflection of what's going on internally with the character and would welcome it in to my statue collection with open arms (and open wallet).

Image #3

 This last image is a great subject for a new full sized statue of Hank McCoy.  As some of you might now, he recently mutated again and went from being the "cat Beast" to this more human beast form.  Personally, I like the look a lot.  He hasn't looked this good in years.  I think that Larroca's rendition here is probably the best I've seen of this new design.  If a sculptor were able to capture the best qualities of this image in three dimensions, this would be a winning statue for me and without a doubt easily welcomed into my collection.

That concludes this editions of "That Would Make A Great...".

Thanks for stopping by!

DRL

No comments :

Post a Comment