Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Snapshot: Warpath vs. Warpath


     It's time for another Snapshot post, where I post crappy flash photography shots of various parts of my collection, to wet the appetite of those that can't wait for me to properly document it.

     I got a request from a fellow collector to take some comparison pics of the new Bowen Warpath and the Kotobukiya Warpath in order to get an idea of relative size.
(Forgive the flash photography and pay no attention to the non-comic related books in the backgroud - I certainly don't, even though I should. Argh!)



As you can see Bowen's is actually taller but less bulky.  He certainly takes up less room in an X-force display.  I did not get the Bowen X-force version, but just to give you an idea of the difference in presence in a display here is the display with the Koto version:


and here is the display with the Bowen version


I hope that helps!

To address the question of which one is better, imo, Bowen always wins!  Bowen, and Randy especially (since he sculpted this bad boy) pay more attention and give more love to the statues they(he) produce(s) than Koto does.  Koto is not bad, but Bowen is just overall a better statue company with a better final product.  Bowen's statue is better not just in quality, but in overall design.  It captures James slighlty better than Koto, but Koto is a close second without a doubt!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks Remy, I value your opinion and you are certainly right. Bowen wins on this comparison hands down.

    ReplyDelete