Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

That Would Make A Great..."Age of Apocalypse: Apocalypse" Edition


     The Age of Apocalypse (AoA) is one of my favorite X-men storylines. In the 90's Marvel killed off Professor Xavier in the past and reinvented the present with Apocalypse as the ruler of the mutant dominated world. It was a mind-boggling move for a teenage comic fan like myself to be exposed to which resulted in a permanent reverence for it. Since this essentially became an alternate reality, all the characters in the X-verse (and some throughout the Marvel universe) were redesigned. As a fan of X-statues and this era, I dream of an entire set of these designs being made as statues. Hopefully it'll happen one day.

     Today's "That Would Make A Great..." post focuses on the newly imagined design of Apocalypse. Since all the characters were re imagined, all the designs are too big  for one post. Thus I'll be focusing on them in a variety of posts dedicated to this era.

©MARVEL


     I think these first two images would be perfect references for a full sized statue.

©MARVEL

©MARVEL
     Another option for this awesome character design would be to have him on a throne.  Powerful characters on really elaborate throne settings make for great statues.

©MARVEL
     This last image is my favorite.  I liked it so much as a possible statue that I tried to make it myself.  I did a decent job (see my AoA display snapshot), but a professional attempt at it would make me a very happy statue collector.

©MARVEL
     Of course any statue representing AoA Apocalypse would make me as happy as he looks in this last image.

©MARVEL
      The Age of Apocalypse for X-statues needs to begin!  Someone call up Legion. Let's make this happen!

No comments :

Post a Comment