Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Snapshot: Age of Apocalypse Display


     It's time for another Snapshot post, where I post crappy flash photography shots of various parts of my collection, to wet the appetite of those that can't wait for me to properly document it.
    
     In the 90's Marvel did something revolutionary.  They created an alternate timeline which completely took over the continuity of the X-books.  The 8 books in the X-line stopped abruptly and 8 new books took over.  X-men Alpha was the first issue that came out, with a chromium wraparound cover by Joe Mad, which introduced us to the Age of Apocalypse.

©MARVEL

      It was one of my favorite story-lines of the time and thus I was inspired to sculpt my own Apocalypse statue reflecting En Saban Nur's design within it.  Specifically, I based my design on this image from Astonishing X-men Vol. 1 #2
©MARVEL
     The result was not perfect, as I'm a novice and it was my first attempt at sculpting.  As you can see  it does work as an AoA display paying homage to this monumental storyline.  The angle of the display is important, since the statue only looks good from certain perspectives.   Thus this snapshot is a high angle of the display to give you an idea of what I generally see when I glance over at it, as it's displayed close to the ground.

I'll be featuring this bad boy in a video with better pics in the future, so stay tuned for that.

No comments :

Post a Comment