Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

X-men: Statue Origins - Bishop Joe Mad Custom Statue


     I thought it would be fun to post the pics that I got detailing the progress of the sculpture for this one and only statue I had commissioned to be created from scratch. The statue I speak of is the Joe Mad Bishop statue that I've already posted to my collection.

     The images that follow show the evolution of this statue from a lifeless lump of clay to an energy redirecting mutant tour de force.

January 26, 2011 - I got the first photos demonstrating that the work had begun.  It would be a 6 month labor of love.  The labor on my side was working on being patient and trying to keep the drool under control in public.
 

 

February 7th, 2011 - With this update I began to have a better idea of the potential for this statue's success.  The boots began to have some intricate detail and implied that Chucho was going to give this statue the special attention it deserved in order to truly capture the Joe Mad design I was aiming for.




March 8th, 2011 - I got my first glimpse into what the statue could eventually become.  It was very exciting.  It's a difficult thing to describe the feeling of having an idea be brought to life by someone with the talent to do so. It was a feeling I had not had before and hope to have again soon.







April 18th, 2011 - On my 34th birthday I got the great gift of an update.  I was hoping to have the statue, but an update which showed it getting closer to completion was a joyful substitute.







April 30th, 2011 - I got the following set of photos which essentially show a completed statue.  I was so excited to finally see him completed.  I got extremely giddy and had an X-gasm!




This was the last set of updates before finally getting my prize in the middle of August 2011.  As the great fairy tales went, we too lived happily ever after.

     If you haven't seen the full post with the video introduction as well as photos of the completed statue  you can check it out by clicking on this link:

No comments :

Post a Comment