Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

Snapshot: Dark Phoenix Display


     It's time for another Snapshot post, where I post crappy flash photography shots of various parts of my collection, to wet the appetite of those that can't wait for me to properly document it. This post focuses on the two new statues I received this week.  I won't be posting too much info on them as that will be reserved for their individual posts.

    The Dark Phoenix saga is one of the most important storylines in the X-men canon and a personal favorite.  In order to honor it I wanted to do something special with the display.

©MARVEL


     In the display I currently have set up I've included the Dark Phoenix Statue, Gladiator, Sebastian Shaw, and the retro Emma Frost statue (which I have yet to make a "collection post" for).  As you can see it looks pretty cool.


     Ideally I would love to one day have a set up with the entire Hellfire club roster, the entire Shi'ar imperial gaurd, Lilandra, and all the X-men.  Given I'll probably have to have a bunch of custom work done, it probably won't happen for several years.  I'm happy with what I have now though.

     As a slight bonus I thought I would post a pic of a statue that another collector was interested in seeing.  It's the green Phoenix statue in the Dark Phoenix base.


I thought it looked cool enough that it was worth posting.  Here's another shot of it in the display.


That's all for now folks!

No comments :

Post a Comment